The role of administrator involves a great deal of multitasking. You will work with teams, oversee the operations within your company, manage groups, coordinate with management and engage in planning according to the needs of your company. If there are office resource or administrative issues, you will be the person expected to deal with them.
Here is a quick list of typical administrator duties:
- Management of office equipment
- Maintaining a clean and enjoyable working environment
- Handling external or internal communication or management systems
- Managing clerical or other administrative staff
- Organizing, arranging and coordinating meetings
- Sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing post
Much of the work involves oral and written communication, word processing and dealing with email and telephone enquiries. Many people fail to acknowledge the importance of a good administrator within an organisation as this individual has a demanding job that is integral to the success of the business.